Phishing and Scam Emails
- We are aware of an increasing number of scam emails going around as of late, so here are some tips that you can use to help keep your email account secure.
- Scammers are quite good at tricking users into thinking they are receiving a harmless email from a legitimate company or contact – and these emails will often include malicious links and/or attachments that could compromise your security. So, it’s important to stay vigilant.
Here’s how you can keep safe
- Always think twice before opening attachments from unknown sources or when there is an unexpected attachment from a contact that appears to be legitimate.
- Where possible hover over the link so it shows you the URL – then, simply go to your web browser and type https:// and then type the URL.
- If the company logo doesn’t look right, if there are misspelt words or if there is poor grammar, then it’s probably not a legitimate email.
- It’s very unlikely for a company to ever ask for your username, password or any other account details via email – so don’t share these. If you are ever unsure, you can always phone the company to double-check the email is legitimate.
- Use a unique password for your email account and try to avoid using the same password for multiple sites.
What should I do if I receive a suspicious email?
- DO NOT click on any of the links provided within the email, or open any attachments.
- DO NOT reply to the email – there is no need.
- DO simply delete the email.
- DO feel free to call the company if you’re ever unsure. If you have doubts over a Farmside email, you can call our Customer Services team on 0800 32 76 74 and they will always be happy to verify it for you.