Farmside Mobile Terms
- General Mobile Terms
- Pay Monthly Endless Plan Terms
- Companion Plan Terms
- International Roaming Terms
- We have a range of Pay Monthly Plans. For details of the specific rates, allowances and other services which apply to your particular Plan, refer our website www.Farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans
- This Agreement will start on the date you purchase a Pay Monthly Plan.
- If you have a term contract and terminate your Mobile Plan before the term ends, you may be required to pay an early termination fee and/or any outstanding promotional offer payback. If you also have a Farmside Broadband plan and are receiving the On Account Mobile discount, this will also be removed.
Allowance and ‘out of bundle’ rates
- The Pay Monthly Plans have a set bundle of allowances for data, minutes, and text messages (“TXTs”), including any additional benefits you select (“Add-Ons”).
- For use of services which are not covered by your allowances, refer to our website www.Farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans
- References to “minutes” and “TXTs” in your Plan mean standard person-to-person calls and TXTs to standard local and mobile numbers. Any non-standard, premium or special numbers (for example 018, voicemail, MMS, audio conference services, short codes, satellite +61 14 numbers and 026 pager numbers) are excluded. Refer to our website www.farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans
Our mobile service is for personal use only and is not for multiple simultaneous calling, re-supply or re-selling, call centre usage, telemarketing, bulk messaging, application-to-person communication, continuously call forwarding, auto-dialling, machine to machine communication (including by using your SIM card in any other device), Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs or simboxes), spamming, scamming, phishing, or any other activity that Farmside considers to be non-standard usage.
Porting a Phone number to Farmside
- If you wish to port a phone number to Farmside, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You are the account holder for (or authorised representative of) the relevant phone number.
- Porting the number means you will no longer receive service from your current telecommunications service provider. You may have outstanding obligations to that telecommunications service provider such as porting or early termination Charges, and it is your responsibility to discharge these obligations.
- ervices provided by your current telecommunications provider may not be available at Farmside.
- armside may in its discretion refuse to port the listed number for any reason including, for example, if it believes your purpose is fraudulent.
- armside will not be liable to you for any direct or indirect loss or damage resulting from failure or delay in the porting process.
- ou expressly authorise the listed phone number to be ported to Farmside.
Mobile Calling and Messaging
- There is a one-minute minimum charge for calls. All calls are rounded up and charged by the minute unless we tell you otherwise (e.g. if your call was for 1 minute and 40 seconds, you will be charged for 2 minutes).
- If you call a 0900, calling card access number, audio conference or any other special number you will be charged additional rates as published by the relevant service provider. It is your responsibility to check the applicable rate. Calls are charged at the rate which is applicable when the call is started.
- For voicemail, we may limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your voicemail service.
- For text messages, a single text message has a limit of 160 standard characters. If you go over this, most devices will break the message into segments with a maximum length of 153 standard characters. You’re then charged (if applicable) the text message rate for each segment sent. Some character sets, such as non-English language keyboards as well as emojis and emoticons, have a 70 character limit per text message and 67 characters per segment. If your message contains special characters, such as emojis, your device may send it as a picture message, or as multiple text messages. If this happens, you’ll be charged for each of those text messages or picture messages. Some devices will also convert long text messages which only contain standard characters to picture messages and you will be charged accordingly.
- MMS is a multimedia messaging service for the exchange of multi-media content such as pictures, sound, video, animation, or text and has a limit of up to 300kbytes.
SIM card and Security
- You are responsible for all charges and calls made when using the SIM card issued to you until we deactivate the SIM card. Removing the SIM card from your mobile device will not deactivate the SIM card. The SIM card can only be used for Mobile Services and must not be used in machine to machine equipment.
- You must keep your mobile device and SIM card secure at all times. We recommend that you use a PIN and other access code features provided with your mobile device, the SIM card or the Mobile Services to ensure that only you are able to access and use the Mobile Services.
- If your mobile device or SIM card is lost or stolen, you must contact Farmside Customer Services on 0800 32 76 74 or +64 3 740 2098 immediately so that we can prevent the Mobile Services from being used. We may charge you a replacement fee for a new SIM card.
- We will not be responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of the loss, theft, damage to, or unauthorised use of your mobile device or SIM card.
- You cannot connect a Farmside SIM card to another providers Mobile network.
- Some services are available via the internet or other systems operated by third parties and, although we will try to maintain the security of information, we cannot guarantee that information you receive or supply when using the service will be secure at all times. You acknowledge that we are unable to exercise control over, and make no representations or warranties concerning, the security or content of information passing over our Network, any systems operated by third parties and the internet.
Mobile Coverage and Services
- Coverage and Mobile Services can be adversely affected by radio interference, atmospheric conditions, geographic factors, Network congestion, maintenance, outages on other networks and provider sites, your mobile device, or other operational and technical difficulties which mean that you may not receive some or all of the Mobile Services in certain areas or at certain times.
- We may use traffic management policies at any time, including where doing so will improve the overall performance among our customers.
- Voice messaging is part of the Mobile Services we provide. You are responsible for changing the PIN from the present number and setting your own PIN for the Voicemail service. You are responsible for all access into and out of the Voicemail service. We may limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your Voicemail service. You are also responsible for setting your own password for access to any email services made available to you through the Mobile Services.
- We do not support third party Voice over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) and we can provide no assurance that currently available access levels may be maintained.
- These terms apply to our Endless 5GB, 12GB & 40GB Mobile plans.
- Endless data is for personal Mobile use only.
- Speeds will be reduced to a maximum of 1.2Mbps once your plan’s full speed data allowance has been exceeded for the remaining of the billing month. You will still be able to use data, but you may notice some degradation in when streaming, watching video or load images.
- Data is available for use within the One NZ New Zealand network only. If you roam overseas then additional charges will apply, see our Mobile Roaming terms in section 4.
- Unlimited Talk and TXT is for standard voice calls and TXTs to standard NZ and Australia numbers and excludes premium and special numbers (i.e. short codes).
- Video calls (excluding video calling apps and other data-based video calling services) may incur additional charges. Android to Android video calls using video telephony (excluding video calling apps) may incur a per minute charge.
- Endless Talk and TXT does not include calls or TXTs to Australian external territories (including Norfolk Island) or satellite services.
- The plan is charged at the time of activation, one month in advance. If a plan is activated part way through a billing month, we will bill the cost of the plan to cover the rest of the month, and the next month in advance.
- As the main account holder, should you choose to provide your account credentials, namely your account PIN, to another person/entity, that person will have billing account access and the ability to act on your behalf to perform acts like adding and disconnecting connections and add-ons, and accessing account information.
- The main account holder (and any individual with billing account access) is able to view all usage data relating to plans and add-ons linked to that account.
- Fair use applies.
- These terms apply where a Companion Mobile plan has been added.
- Companion Plans are also subject to Pay Monthly Endless plan terms, set out above.
- Companion Plans are only available with the 12GB & 40GB Mobile plan.
- Companion plans must be the same plan type as the Primary plan (e.g. if the Primary plan is on 40GB Mobile plan then all Companion plans must be on the 40GB plan). All plans must be on the same billing account.
- The Primary plan and the Companion plan must maintain a relationship with each other. That is, every Primary plan can have up to three Companion plans associated to it. A Companion plan cannot exist without being associated to a relevant Primary plan.
- We reserve the right to change your plan at any time, including where necessary to ensure the above eligibility rules are met. For example, if the Primary plan is changed or removed, a Companion Plan can be appointed as Primary and will therefore then pay full price for that plan.
- If you wish to join a Companion plan, your number will be added to the Primary plan holder’s account. When this occurs, they control the number and are responsible for the monthly charges that are incurred by your number. This also means the Primary plan holder will be able to:
- See a record of all calls and TXT messages made and received from your number (but not the content of the calls or TXTs)
- Change the Primary or Companion plan (e.g. downgrading or upgrading the plan type, adding call bars to prevent international dialling, or adding or removing other add-ons such as Interest Free Payments)
- Terminate or suspend the Primary Plan and/or the Companion plan.
- Move your number to another provider.
- If you already have a Pay Monthly Plan and changing to a Companion Plan:
- You are responsible for any outstanding charges that remain on account at the time of joining a Companion plan.
- If you are in contract for your Farmside mobile plan, you may be charged an early termination fee and will be required to pay any outstanding amounts due (including any Interest Free Payments). If desired, you can ask to cancel the transition to becoming a Companion;
- If you have any add-ons or discounts on your existing plan/account, they won’t be applied to the new Companion plan.
You will be taken to have accepted these terms and conditions as soon as you start using roaming. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time in accordance with our Standard Terms.
You acknowledge that service outside of New Zealand is provided by external carriers and is subject to those carriers’ terms and conditions.
We do our best to ensure a great roaming experience by providing access to overseas networks, but we are unable to guarantee the quality or coverage that any other destination provides.
Roaming General Terms
- Roaming is enabled on all plans by default.
- Charges may be delayed if the external carrier is delayed in advising Farmside of roaming activity. Please note, there will also be a delay in this activity being available in MyFarmside.
- Data roaming availability is also subject to change without notice.
- Farmside reserves the right to (hard) steer traffic to certain network operators based on commercial agreements in place.
- As roaming involves services provided by networks other than One NZ New Zealand Limited, you agree that we will not be responsible for the way in which any external carrier provides or fails to provide any service (including disconnection, lack of coverage or the performance of that carrier’s network).
- Unless otherwise advised, from time to time all outgoing calls are charged at airtime rates based on the charges from the external carrier. This airtime rate will vary from carrier to carrier. International rates will also apply where you make international calls (including calls to voicemail). Charges may change without prior notice and all prices are indicative only. If your pricing plan includes monthly minutes, these minutes do not apply to roaming charges. 0800 (1800) and other special numbers may be charged for by external carriers.
- TXT messages sent while roaming have a surcharge applied by the external carrier. The surcharge rate will vary from carrier to carrier. A 160 character limit applies per TXT. If exceeded, you will be charged for an additional TXT and so on, per 160 characters used.
- Incoming calls are charged at the international rate applicable at the time the call is made to you. Some external carriers may add an incoming call rate from the time you answer the call. You agree that all charges incurred while roaming will be charged to your monthly statement.
- You agree to pay all charges in full when they are due. (There may be delays in Farmside receiving notice from external carriers of charges to be billed to you. This does not affect Farmside’s right to charge you or receive payment from you.
- GST is charged for all Calls, TXTs and Data you use while roaming.
- There may be delays in Farmside receiving notice from overseas carriers of charges to be billed to you. This does not affect Farmside’s right to charge you or receive payment from you.
Maritime and In-Flight Roaming
- You can make calls and send TXTs from your mobile device on selected cruises and selected domestic and international flights.
- Calling & Data is not included in Maritime or In Flight Roaming and is subject to the rates and packages provided by the applicable cruise line operator or airline.
- With eligible Pay Monthly Plans, you can use your Plan allowances when travelling in selected countries, for a daily fee (in addition to your monthly Plan Charge). We call this “Daily Roaming”. The selected countries are available on our website www.farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans
- Daily Roaming is only available to customers who are normally residents in New Zealand and can only be used in Daily Roaming Destinations for a maximum of 90 consecutive days at a time.
- Daily Roaming lets you to use your allowances to call or TXT local numbers in the Daily Roaming country you are in, or local numbers in New Zealand and Australia. Calls and TXTs to any other destination will be treated as international calls or TXTs, and all other activity will be charged at your standard Plan rates as if you had made the call or TXT from within New Zealand.
- Daily Roaming charges are in addition to your monthly plan charge and will be applied to your next bill. GST applies.
- The Daily Roaming charge is only applied on those days that you use your device while in the Daily Roaming Destinations. We’ll count a day as 00:00 to 23:59 NZ time. If you travel to another Daily Roaming Destination in the same day you’ll only be charged the daily charge once for that one day that you use your device.
- The Daily Roaming Charge will be triggered when you make a call (including a call to voicemail), receive a call, send a TXT, or use mobile data. This includes any data used by your mobile or data device, including email and any data used by apps on your mobile or data device. This includes any data used by your mobile or data device, including email and any data used by apps on your mobile or data device.
- The Daily Roaming Charge is set out on our website, and pricing will be subject to change without notice. Please check our website www.farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans before you travel for the latest pricing.
- The Daily Roaming Charge is applied per device. If you are in a Daily Roaming Country and use both your phone and tablet (which are connected to an eligible Plan) you will be charged a Daily Roaming fee for both devices.
- Maritime or In-Flight Roaming are not included in Daily Roaming and are subject to separate rates and terms and conditions.
- Daily Roaming is not available everywhere, check our website www.farmside.co.nz/mobile-plans for Daily Roaming locations and where this service is available. If you travel outside a Daily Roaming destination your mobile service will not work and you will be unable to make or receive calls, send, or receive SMS messages and use any data services. You will still be able to call Emergency numbers.